At the end of last season, we collectively voted and agreed that a Code of Conduct should be established for all participants. During the summer your league officers worked to complete that request. As of the 2018-19 season, we now have a Code of Conduct for all those participating in league events. NOTE: All league officers, team captains and league players must read and agree to adhere to this code prior to participating in ANY league events. Substitutes and all guests of participants must agree to follow these policies as well.
Twin Cities Gay Pool League 2018-19 Season
New Players & Team Captains Meeting
Monday, September 24th @ 7:00 PM
19 Bar • 19 W. 15th St., Minneapolis, 55403
If you are a returning team captain, a new league player, or a previous player looking for a team to play on then please plan on attending this meeting. We will be working to determine how many sponsors and how many teams there are wanting to participate in the upcoming league season. League matches will start in early October and will be announced on the website and Facebook page.
If you are a returning player already on a team, you do not need to attend this meeting.
If you are unable to attend this meeting but are still interested in playing this season OR for more information, contact TCGPL@playpooltwincities.com. You can also visit our website or Facebook pages: http://playpooltwincities.com • https://www.facebook.com/TwinCitiesGayPoolLeague
Thank you all for a wonderful season and season-end tournament! Congrats to Brant, Delwayne and Joel who took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively. We had 38 people participate in the tournament this year and our league raised $2500 for our non-profit this season: Avenues for Homeless Youth (http://avenuesforyouth.org/)! A very big thank you to the Brant, John, Jeremy, the team captains, our sponsor bars, our tournament hosts – The Saloon (http://www.saloonmn.com), and to all of you who assisted in other ways to have our season and tournament complete with such success. And a special for all of the wonderful, thoughtful and valuable donated gifts for the raffle and for all of you who purchased tickets! Your generosity allowed us to increase our donation to our charity by and additional $500!
Congratulations to our 2017-2018 regular season winners!:
1st – Saloon Sharks
2nd – 8 Balls of Fire
3rd – 19 Kittens
1st – Troy M
2nd – Joel J
3rd – Jeremy M
The 2017-2018 players ballot results:
1. – Your 2018-2019 non-profit recipient of choice will once again be Avenues for Homeless Youth.
2. Your top priority for improvement in the 2018-2019 season will be Changing the code of conduct rules for participation. Your second top priority was to increase the number of teams and players.
3. You elected to retain Jared as the league President.
4. You elected to retain Brant as the league Treasurer.
5. Your 2018-2019 newly elected league Secretary is Julie N. of the Drifty’s team. Congrats Julie!
Reminders: All elected positions are now 2 year terms. Nominees for next season’s ballot items are submitted after regular season league play has completed but before the end of season tournament takes place.
Have a fun and safe spring / summer and we’ll see you all back in September!
Hey league players! Tonight is the last night of regular league play for this season. First and foremost, I want to thank all of you for your participation in the league this year. I especially want to thank the team captains for their tireless effort to make sure we have a team each week and that someone is keeping score! LOL!
Second, I just want to give you a few reminders:
- Makeup Matches-Please complete all incomplete / unfinished regular league matches by Friday, March 9th.
- Statistics Changes-If you have any questions or concerns about the statistics, please send an email to email@example.com and I will work to make any necessary changes.
- Vote for Secretary!-Our league will be electing a new Secretary officer position this year by a vote to take place at the tournament. The primary duties of this position will be to assist the Treasurer in completing end-of-season tournament planning, preparation and execution. Eligible nominees must have played in the league at least one prior season. If you would like to be on the ballot or would like to nominate someone for the position, please send their name to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the tournament and I will include their name. A write-in space will be provided as well.
- Vote for Charity!-Each year our league chooses to donate all proceeds from our league to a charitable organization. Last season and again this season, our charity of choice is Avenues for Homeless Youth (http://avenuesforyouth.org/). If you would like to nominate a new charitable organization for us to select as our recipient for next season via our annual tournament vote, please send their name to email@example.com prior to the tournament and I will include their name on the ballot.
- Tournament Date-The end of season tournament is on March 31st and is open to all league players and subs (if you played in at least one league match this season, you are invited to attend). This is a free charity event and all proceeds from this event will be donated to charity.
- Tournament Location-The tournament will take place at the Saloon; additional pool tables will be brought in and food will be provided for the event. REMEMBER TO THANK THE SALOON FOR HOSTING US!
- Tournament Time-Tournament registration opens at 1:00 PM and the tournament starts promptly at 2:00 PM (we will be unable to register late-comers into the tournament).
- Season Awards-Trophies / prizes for top teams and individuals will be awarded at the tournament.
- Charity Raffle-We will have our annual charity raffle at the tournament again this year; each team is responsible for bringing at least (1) donated prize of $25-$50 in value for the charity raffle.
Thank you again for such a wonderful season and we’ll see you all at the tournament on March 31st! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The year-end tournament will be on Saturday March 31st @ 2:00 PM. The event will be hosted by The Saloon MN, 830 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis 55403. Food will be provided. We will be handing out trophies for multiple achievements as well as taking our annual league vote on a new secretary as well as next year’s charity. Tournament registration starts at 1:00PM, tournament starts promptly at 2:00PM (late-comers won’t be able to play). All league players and ANY substitutes are invited to attend. Each team should provide a donated prize for the tournament charity raffle ($25-$50 value).
Spread the word and see you all there!
Hey league players!
I hope all of you are having a good time this year participating in the Twin Cities Gay Pool League. I just wanted to mention a couple of things:
If you drop a ball on the break, you are what you dropped. If you drop one (ore more) of each on the break, it is still open.
There are some teams interested in calling for a vote about how many time outs a team may take in a give game/set/match. If there is interest in calling this to a vote for next season, please send me an email indicating your interest in having it added to the season-end voting ballot.
Reminder: home teams are responsible for sending in the scores at the end of the night.
Our league season always runs from October to March. Teams form in September and the season end tournament / party is in early April.
Our league treasurer is Brant. Our not-for-profit pool league fees are $25/player for the season. The majority of this money is donated to a local charity that is selected by majority vote from suggestions given by each team. Your team should agree upon a charity you would like to recommend to receive this season’s donation before the winter break (December 18th). Email your team’s choice by then and we will add it to the online voting ballot.
When your team is scheduled to play the Saloon Sharks (SAL2) team, be prepared to pay your player league fees to Brant on that evening. In the event that Brant is not available, Troy will take your payment.
Thanks and contact me if you have questions!
Hey there Twin Cities pool players & fans! I hope everyone had a great summer and is itching to start playing pool again! Our 2017-18 Twin Cities Gay Pool League will start in October. In order to be ready for the season to start, we will be having a team captains meeting. You should attend this meeting if you are either: A returning team captain OR A new player who is not yet on a team.
The meeting details are:
TCGPL 2017-18 Season Team Captains / New Players Meeting
Monday, September 18th @ 7:00 PM
The 19 Bar, 19 W 15th St, Minneapolis, MN 55403
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com. See you on Monday, September 18th!
Hey pool league players! We’re in the final stretch!
The year-end tournament is scheduled for Saturday April 1st @ The 19 Bar. Doors will open at 1:00PM, tournament starts promptly at 2:00PM. All league players and substitutes are invited to attend. Each team should provide a donated prize for the tournament ($25-$50 value).
Spread the word and see you all there!
Welcome Pool Players!
Tonight’s the night for our first matches of the season! Please make sure at least one person from your team brings a printed copy of the score sheet; both teams should keep score.
Tips for making tonight great
Each year we all have a great time and enjoy getting to see old friends and meet new ones throughout the season. To makes things stay focused and fun, here’s a few tips for tonight:
Be on time: matches start at 7pm. call/contact your captain immediately if you know you’re going to be late. Captains let the other team know if your team will not be on time. REMINDER: No contact from anyone on the opposing team by 7:15pm is officially considered a forfeit. Be in communication.
Bring your cue (if you have one)
Don’t fight: the official rules are posted online but there will be disputes. settle disputes like adults; team captains have the final say/verdict on interpretation. if a particular rule is unclear, make a judgement for the evening and then contact Jared for clarification afterwards.
Keep score: HOME TEAMS are responsible for remembering to email a picture of your signed, completed score sheet at the end of the night to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have fun!: have a great time, enjoy yourselves, thank your sponsoring bars/staff, and get home safely. let’s make this season a great one!
Thanks to all who attended the captains/new players meeting at Game Sports Bar. We have 10 teams (9 last year) and the same number of sponsors (lost one; gained one). Thank you to everyone (especially Brent) who contacted our sponsor bars for this year’s season.
Your team’s schedule has been sent to your team captain. In addition, a PDF of the schedule is available on the league page. Plus, all scheduled matches are posted to the results pages.
Contact your team captain if you have questions and we’ll see you all for the first night of pool on Monday, October 10th at 7:00 PM. Match locations posted.
Have a great season, be kind/civil, and do not forget rule #1: HAVE FUN!!
Jared – League Dictator / Czar / Rulemeister / Boss / President