Hey league players! Tonight is the last night of regular league play for this season. First and foremost, I want to thank all of you for your participation in the league this year. I especially want to thank the team captains for their tireless effort to make sure we have a team each week and that someone is keeping score! LOL!
Second, I just want to give you a few reminders:
- Makeup Matches-Please complete all incomplete / unfinished regular league matches by Friday, March 9th.
- Statistics Changes-If you have any questions or concerns about the statistics, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will work to make any necessary changes.
- Vote for Secretary!-Our league will be electing a new Secretary officer position this year by a vote to take place at the tournament. The primary duties of this position will be to assist the Treasurer in completing end-of-season tournament planning, preparation and execution. Eligible nominees must have played in the league at least one prior season. If you would like to be on the ballot or would like to nominate someone for the position, please send their name to email@example.com prior to the tournament and I will include their name. A write-in space will be provided as well.
- Vote for Charity!-Each year our league chooses to donate all proceeds from our league to a charitable organization. Last season and again this season, our charity of choice is Avenues for Homeless Youth (http://avenuesforyouth.org/). If you would like to nominate a new charitable organization for us to select as our recipient for next season via our annual tournament vote, please send their name to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the tournament and I will include their name on the ballot.
- Tournament Date-The end of season tournament is on March 31st and is open to all league players and subs (if you played in at least one league match this season, you are invited to attend). This is a free charity event and all proceeds from this event will be donated to charity.
- Tournament Location-The tournament will take place at the Saloon; additional pool tables will be brought in and food will be provided for the event. REMEMBER TO THANK THE SALOON FOR HOSTING US!
- Tournament Time-Tournament registration opens at 1:00 PM and the tournament starts promptly at 2:00 PM (we will be unable to register late-comers into the tournament).
- Season Awards-Trophies / prizes for top teams and individuals will be awarded at the tournament.
- Charity Raffle-We will have our annual charity raffle at the tournament again this year; each team is responsible for bringing at least (1) donated prize of $25-$50 in value for the charity raffle.
Thank you again for such a wonderful season and we’ll see you all at the tournament on March 31st! Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.